Andrea E. Nieto graduated from the University of Florida in 2005 with a Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Human Nutrition. In 2012, she embarked on a legal career, graduating magna cum laude with a Juris Doctor from the University of Florida’s Levin College of Law, and went on to pass the Bar in four different states.
During her undergraduate studies, Ms. Nieto served in various leadership roles and was selected for membership into Florida’s oldest and most prestigious leadership honorary, Florida Blue Key. While in law school, she was a member of the UF Trial Team and the Journal of Law and Public Policy where she served as a research editor.
Ms. Nieto started her legal career at Wilkes & McHugh, where she established herself as a trial attorney and litigated nursing home neglect cases in multiple states. One of her many achievements includes a $3.5 million jury verdict with fellow Wilkes & McHugh attorney, Michael T. Collis for their clients in Allegheny County, Pa. After four years with Wilkes & McHugh, Ms. Nieto went on to serve as a law clerk to The Honorable James D. Whittemore of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, further expanding her legal expertise. Disclaimer: Wilkes & McHugh's past results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any future case, as each case has its own unique factual and legal circumstances.
Ms. Nieto rejoined the firm in the summer of 2020.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2012)
- University of Florida (B.S., 2005)
State Bar Admissions
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Courts of Appeals for the First and Eleventh Circuit
Ms. Nieto currently serves on the Federal Court Practice Committee of The Florida Bar.
Charitable & Civic Involvement
Ms. Nieto is a national volunteer for the Nancy Walton Laurie Leadership Institute of Chi Omega. As a national volunteer, she provides leadership training for women to foster personal and professional growth by facilitating in-person and virtual educational workshops. Ms. Nieto is also a member of the Junior League of Tampa, the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Tampa Bay, and the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association.