Wilkes & McHugh has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Paralegal. Successful candidate will have a vast background of experience by being able to demonstrate significant knowledge of Florida Rules of Civil Procedure including, but not limited to, answering discovery objections, writing complaints, scheduling, preparing deposition summaries, keeping track of discovery deadlines, drafting correspondence, and assisting with all other aspects of preparing a complex case for trial. The incumbent will support a trial attorney and collaborate with the team and additional litigation staff within the firm.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Legal research and writing, including drafting answers to complaints, discovery request, good faith letters, and motions.
- Assist scheduling calendars, watching deadlines, communication with defense, court reporters and ensuring travel for supporting attorneys.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience required. B.S. Degree or Paralegal Certification preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of Florida civil rules and procedures and Florida e-file.
- Experience navigating case management software and the ability to learn new software.
- Ability to work in both an independent and team environment.
- Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Qualified candidates may apply by sending an email with attached cover letter and resume to [email protected].View Less