Tim McHugh founded Wilkes & McHugh in 1985 with Jim Wilkes.
Under Mr. Wilkes' and Mr. McHugh's leadership, the firm has earned more than $1.5 billion in courtroom verdicts and hundreds of millions in out-of-court settlements. Wilkes & McHugh was recognized by The National Law Journal as one of the top firms in the nation for our results in court.
Mr. McHugh has lectured on various personal injury areas including medical risk management and nursing home litigation.
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., Honors)
- University of South Florida (B.A., magna cum laude)
State Bar Admissions
- New Mexico
- Supreme Court of Alabama
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama
- Supreme Court of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Arkansas
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- Supreme Court of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- Supreme Court of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- Supreme Court of Mississippi
- Supreme Court of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
Mr. McHugh is a member of the State Bar of Alabama, the Arkansas Bar Association, the State Bar of California, the Florida Bar, the Florida Justice Association, the Hillsborough County Bar Association, the State Bar of Georgia, the Kentucky Bar Association, the Mississippi Bar Association, the Tennessee Bar Association, the State Bar of Texas, the American Bar Association, and the American Association for Justice.
Best Lawyers named Mr. McHugh a Best Lawyer in America in 2009, and he received the recognition specifically for Plaintiff Personal Injury Litigation in 2011. He has also earned the Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent rating for high ethical standing.